Tuesday, April 28, 2009

He Likes It! Hey Mikey!



I've officially run out of excuses for not eating my vegetables.....even the cats are doing it!

Read this success story about Mikey, who has an affinity for broccoli. Mikey was surrendered to the Pennsylvania SPCA (PSPCA) on New Years Eve of 2008.

"We adopted Angel, who we have since renamed Mikey. The week before we adopted him, I was at the PSPCA with my sister and saw him. The following weekend my 19 year old daughter went with me to “visit." We opened the cage and he instantly put his two front paws up on her shoulders and snuggled under her chin and began purring. She looked at me and said “I think he just adopted us.”

Mikey settled right in with our other male cat and our big dogs. He is extremely calm, loving, and affectionate. For the first week or two, the cats avoided each other, but after that, they became the best of friends. They play, sleep, eat, and watch the birds from the patio window together.

He loves attention from us as well, and will still put his front paws up to be picked up and carried around like a baby looking over my shoulder or snuggling under my chin.

We have found (by accident) that he finds people food amusing as well as an occasional tasty treat. He will bat a piece of broccoli around the floor, pick it up in his mouth and toss it around for a few minutes, before finally eating it (yes…he eats broccoli).

Mikey has been a wonderful addition to our family and we are so happy that he is with us. His constant purring makes us think he is pretty happy with his home as well."

1 comment:

  1. Finally another cat that likes brocolli! I thought mine was alone in her odd food tastes. She isn't as interested in it as she used to be, and has wide swings in her food interests, ranging from frozen peas (which are also toys), raw cashews, cantalope pieces, and an occasional shredded carrot piece. And brocolli, of course, but only when she's in the mood. What can you expect, she's a cat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment

Share on Facebook