Thursday, March 12, 2009

Window Shopping at Doggie Style


The Pennsylvania SPCA (PSPCA) has been working with Doggie Style, a pet boutique in Philadelphia, to find loving homes for cats.

Doggie Style has a storefront window display showcasing adoptable cats. If you walk past the store, you’re bound to see one climbing a cat tower, sunbathing, or taking a cat-nap.

Here are two emails I received from people whose cats made their debut in Doggie Style’s window.

From Aliya (who adopted Loki, in the top picture):

"I adopted a little gray female cat from you guys about three weeks ago. I named her Loki and she's doing really well. There were the expected histrionics as my resident cat, Buddy, got used to his new sister. They share the foot of my bed now without too much fanfare, although Buddy doesn't particularly like Loki using his tail as a play thing. Loki loves milk caps and chases them with much gusto through my apartment. I've attached a picture of Loki in a bag. She's still a little shy but almost militant in her desire to curl up between my legs at bedtime. Thanks for the good kitty!"

From Kim (who adopted Ethan, in the bottom picture):

"Ethan is a great addition to our home. We were worried because he reacted negatively towards dogs at Doggie Style, where he was adopted from. We have a Shepard Husky (Dakota) and 3 other cats. I knew there was something special there and it worked out nicely. He's an older cat and will live out his crotchity years in comfort. He only hisses at Dakota once in a while and I think he kind of likes him! His best friend in the house is Bones, a stray we found a few years ago. They run around like maniacs. He just jumped into my lap and said "thanks!" Here is a picture of Ethan and Ella watching “kitty tv.” I was so happy when I found him up there with her as this is "her "spot!"

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kim, I just saw your comments re: my trip to Philly! It's been a joy discovering your blog - thank you so much for stopping by mine. I've had to postpone my trip until the summer but would LOVE to meet you guys then!

    Thanks for all the incredible work you do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment

Share on Facebook