Friday, February 27, 2009

Grace O'Malley Sweeney

I just received an email from a PSPCA graduate named Gracie, a 12-year-old shepherd mix (pictured above -- the black dog in the back) who came in as a stray and waited 5 months to find a new home. Now that Gracie is settled in with her new family, she wrote:

Hello everyone, it's Gracie! I'm starting to fit in well here. There are 4 other dogs for me to play with, but I've paired up with the terrier, Saoirise. She's the same size as me. We like to play together and sometimes, when I want company in bed, we'll sleep together, too.

My new mom is working on my blanket. She's almost done. In the meantime, they are letting me use some soft fleece blankets to sleep on and under. Sometimes I fall asleep before they have a chance to get a blanket under me, so they wrap me up as best they can in the fleece blankets. Mom said that once she finishes my blanket, she is going to make me a sweater for going outside in. They also bought me my own collar and tag with my name on it! Part of it is in Gaelic, too. Mom said that my full name in English is Grace O'Malley Sweeney.

My Mom and my Grandmom are working with me to go up and down the stairs by myself. I got going up the stairs down to a science, but sometimes I get scared going down, so I'll get their attention by crying until they come and walk down the stairs next to me. A couple times I've gone down by myself. I'm getting there, I think it will just take some time to get used to this whole "head first" thing.

Well, I hope I get to see you again when I come back to get checked out. It will be nice to see a few familiar faces during my visit. I miss you and thank you for taking care of me until I found my forever home!

Love, Gracie.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Gracie has an awesome life!! Lucky her and lucky parents for adopting her!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment

Share on Facebook